Definition of terms

Luckily the world is full of bozos inventing the next generation of snake-oil and magic jumping beans. :-(

Reply to
Mark McIntyre
Loading thread data ...

Clordane insecticide (very effective on termites), Scotchguard, leaded gasoline, but there were also mercury compounds used as medicines

But think of the money we'll save

Do not immerse appliance in water (on a TV set). Oh man - I can't believe this. It's also in the book for the _built-in_microwave_oven_!!! HOW THE FSCK AM I SUPPOSED TO GET THAT INTO THE BATH-TUB???

"My client can not read $LANGUAGE" - but then, I can't read some of the warning manuals that are supposedly written in English. And they are warning manuals, not instruction manuals. I have the "Owners Guide" for a "4-Slice Toaster Oven and Broiler" of 14 pages per language - 11 of those pages are warnings, one page of recipes, one of cleaning instructions, and a quarter page combining warranty and a pretty logo. And it also includes the "don't immerse in water" warning. Gah..

The manufacturers aren't alone. In the mid-80s, the Friendly Aviation Association renamed all off-airport navigation aids (examples - Stockton VOR was renamed Manteca, South Lake [Tahoe] was renamed Squaw Valley, and so on) after some klown tried to land a navigation aid $AIRPORT_CITY when the nav-aid was actually 5 miles from the airport, and thus depicted on the charts that Federal law (14CFR91 - lots of gotchas) requires be current and in possession during the flight, and said klown tried to wiggle out that he _thought_ the nav-aid was at the airport it was named for.

as well as killing off a lot of existing products.

We only had one incident, an acid explosion when someone who was not paying attention poured "A" into "B" instead of the other way around.

Brother-in-law

It was turn-about. I saw my out-of-state friend right here, and here's a receipt for us sharing some purchase. No, why should they put our names on the receipts?

That's a definite change, as (somewhere) I've got pictures of it with the chain link fence material, looking through the mess up at the feed.

Knew that - it's steerable my moving the feedpoint.

It's going to expand as it warms up, Lessee, one handbook say ``it's roughly double ordinary steels and cast irons, but adding "considerable" amounts of silicon (12%) appreciably decreases the dimensional changes''. Silicon alloy makes it 4xxx series (QQ-A-367 -> 4032 alloy).

Old guy

Reply to
Moe Trin

snipped-for-privacy@painkiller.example.tld (Moe Trin) hath wroth:

I can list off some aviation horror stories (but I won't). A few years ago, I was listed as one of 120 defendents in a suit placed by some moron that flew into a mountain and unfortunately lived. He blamed everyone that ever signed his log book or touched the airplane including the guy that washed the airplane. He almost won.

See photos at:

formatting link
think these photos are what you saw.
formatting link
formatting link
slot in the dish at the bottom is for drainage. See photo of the entire dish at:
formatting link
shows the slot at the bottom. No clue why it's a slot instead of a round or square hole.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.