DECT repeater antenna design for building? or commercial?

Hi all,

I realize this is not the group for DECT but I havent been able to find a better one for discussions of wireless and antenna building (perhaps someone can point me in the right direction though if one exists).

I'm looking to build (or buy if reasonably priced) a DECT antenna (to stick on a siemens repeater). Can anyone point me to designs/shop/forum for my next step? Extensive googling hasn't gotten me much.

Many thanks,

Bob

Reply to
Bob Newheart
Loading thread data ...

Well, I just googled on "dect antenna" and got 379,000 results, sure many will be junk but the first two on the first page were certainly DECT antennas for sale.

The first link was to

formatting link
which is a source of Dect info, including antennas.

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

Thanks for your reaction,

I'm aware of the site you mention but it's an industry networking site for companies in the DECT business - havent been able to find anything useful from there.

I'm more looking for the hobbyist antenna building scene, user forums, home brewn stuff.

best regards,

BN

Reply to
Bob Newheart

Well antennas aren't really my thing but there's nothing specific about DECT, you just need to know the frequency and power and required pattern and put it into any of the antenna equations.

A yagi for DECT is no different from a yagi for 802.11 or UHF TV other than dimensions, likewise for an omni etc.

Try asking my cousin

formatting link
tell him I sent you. :)

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

Tx, I definetly will tell him that ;)

Reply to
Bob Newheart

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.