DD-WRT v23SP2 joy but no light.

I have a version 2.2 WRT54G router, i have flashed it as i have done with many Linksys routers with DD-WRT. Everything works fine, however the "cisco" light on the front doesn't light up. I know it sounds perhaps silly but it bothers me.

Anyone know a good guide for telnet to go in and change that (then i can make the light white) or any ideas would be appreciated.

Reply to
bman
Loading thread data ...

ddwrt.com has support forums... use them.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

Probably indicates that the Cisco stock price has gone down.

There is a setting that controls the button and the light. However, you're using a very old version of DD-WRT. You should be using v24 RC6.2 (release candidate). For version 2.2, see:

Update the firmware. Look for the push button control setting on one of the management pages. I'm too lazy to look.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

On all of mine it does not come on unless you have a something plugged into the wan port giving the router it's default gateway. I'm not sure if it comes on for anything else but that's what I've noticed Is there anything plugged into the WAN or LAN ports?

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

I just took my WRT54G v3.0 running DD-WRT v24 RC6.2 and unplugged ALL the various cables. The light remained on. Oh well.

However, when I unplugged all the cables, and power cycled the router, it came up with no lights on. It stayed that way until I installed

*TWO* cables. Actually, any two cables, LAN or WAN would do the trick. However, plugging in a single cable did not turn on the light. Once lit, it would stay on no matter how many cables were inserted. Weird.

Also, with no cables plugged in, a wireless connection would NOT turn on the light. However plugging in a single cable, in addition to the wireless connection, would turn on the light. Also weird.

Note that if you enable the SES/AOSS/whatever button to turn the wireless on/off, the light will change with button action. Also, I believe that the light changes color when WDS is working. I'm not setup to test that right now.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Incidentally, the light goes green when WDS is operating.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

bman hath wroth:

The light can be controlled by the GPIO command. See the GPIO section of:

There are a mess of scripts that control the LED's listed.

Running: /sbin/gpio enable 2 and /sbin/gpio disable 2 should turn the front panel light on and off. I can't test it right now because it does nothing on my Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 router.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.