DD-WRT restore original firmware

Hello, I used the dd-wrt.v23_sp2_standard to update my Linksys WRT54GL firmware but after that I cannot access the web interface of the router. I can only access the router from telnet in 192.168.1.1. Do you know how can I repair the router or even restore the original firmware by using telnet and the shell? Thank you very much!

Reply to
Al
Loading thread data ...

Al hath wroth:

If you can telnet to the router, you should be able to get to the web interface. First try the reset button. Hold it down for a LONG time. Something like 30-60 seconds to be sure. Let go. *WAIT*. Then try connecting with a web browser.

It's also possible that your web browser is doing weird things. Mine does when it caches old pages and they happen to be a blank page.

Since telnet works, there's nothing wrong with testing the web server with telnet. Try it:

telnet 192.168.1.1 80 get junk (type this blindly as there's no echo in Windoze telnet)

You should get something like: HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request Server: httpd Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 09:24:20 GMT Content-Type: text/html Connection: close (mess of HTML code) Connection to host lost.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

I get that a lot too. Usually closing all browser windows and/or deleting all offline and online files will do the trick.

Steve

Reply to
seaweedsteve

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.