DD-WRT on WLI-TX-G54HP?

formatting link
(photos and scans of the circuit board front/back if anyone's interested in looking)

I set one of these up for the second time last night. The first one wasn't mine, so I didn't tinker with it. The second one, however, was taken apart and explored after I noticed how similar this thing seems to a full fledged AirStation router. The casing even has "WAN" printed in it next to the blanked out WAN port.

The circuit board seems to have almost everything would be needed for use as a full fledged router. The Broadcom processor is the same as used in an AirStation. The amount of RAM (16MB) and ROM (4MB) also appear to be the same. I'd even say that the unpopulated WAN port has all the circuitry it needs to work if a port were to be put in place.

My question: Has anyone ever tried flashing it with DD-WRT to see what would happen?

I don't really have an application in mind--the device does perfectly well using the stock firmware and talking with my DD-WRT v23 SP2 equipped Airstation WHR-G54S. I am simply curious.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh
Loading thread data ...

Oh well...it's a WLI-TX4-G54HP...

The link remains valid...

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.