D-Link Wireless Router Antenna

I have lost the antenna for the D-Link wireless router. Is there anyway I can still use this wireless router? If not, can I get a replacement antenna? Any helpful pointers are appreciated.

AC

Reply to
astra.castra
Loading thread data ...

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com hath wroth:

Do I really have to guess the model number or is this some kind of detective puzzle?

Most DLink wireless routers use RP-SMA connectors. Replacement antennas are all over eBay and various wireless dealers. Search eBay for "RP SMA antenna". Look at the photo of the connector and make sure it matches your unspecified model Dlink router.

Dlink also sells replacement antennas. See:

The stock 2dBi antenna is rather insipid. This would be a good time to purchase a higher gain or directional antenna.

While you're waiting, you can cram a 1/4 wave antenna into the connector and it should work. 1/4 wave is 3.125mm long. At the power levels these devices run, you're not going to blow anything up if the antenna is off a bit one way or other. Unfortunately, you'll need a socket to match the pin in the connector. Just use a piece of metal tubing, such as brass ballpoint pen refill. Squash it slightly so that it fits over the connector center pin.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Jeff, thanks for a detailed reply. The model is DI-514. I will try to purchase one on the resources you have mentioned. Thanks again!

AC

Reply to
astra.castra

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.