D-Link wireless adapter driver

Following the installation of XP SP3 my D-Link driver ceased working. This was and is a know D-Link problem. A DLL file had been overwritten by the update and placed the software over a table and was giving it a continual rogering.

D-Link have issued an updated driver to see off this problem but for the life of me (some 18 years experience with comps and building) I just cannot get that little blighter installed.

I use the standard update driver method but just cannot get it to work. Now when I use update driver, I aim the search for the new driver, it goes through all the routine but just does not update it. Then it tells me the driver installed is the newest one available yet I know it aint.

How do I get this thing installed.....HELP.

thanks dj

Reply to
tpow
Loading thread data ...

Tpow, you don't need a new DRIVER, your adaptor should still be working OK, and you can change it's settings through Windows WiFi 'zero' config software.

The bit that no longer works is the D-Link WiFi 'utility' software, which is NOT necessary to use the adapter (but useful because it gives you more info, i.e. the frequency of your neighbours WiFi).

Presumably a new version should be available from D-Link website, but I haven't tried yet... Regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin²

Here are the "Windows SP3 proof" drivers / utilities:

formatting link
Regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin²

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.