D-Link Issues

I've got a D-Link GWL-G650 PCMCIA card in my laptop (dual boot) attempting to talk to a DI-524 router which is inside of my wired router. Bottom line, it works flawlessly under Windows 2000 Server but not at all under Windows XP Professional SP2. Neither manufactures web site is helpful. Does anyone out there have an answer?

Thanks.

-- Herb Stein snipped-for-privacy@herbstein.com

Reply to
Herb Stein
Loading thread data ...

Do you have Wireless Zero Configuration enabled? Have you tried to enable/disable it?

Sincerely, Matti J. Kärki

Reply to
Matti J Karki

Reply to
Herb Stein

Reply to
Herb Stein

The Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC) is not a requirement. Actually, D-Link recommends, that the WZC would be disabled. And yes, it's an XP thing. However, I've noticed, that in some situations it actually works much better than the D-Link's own utility. For example, in my XP SP2 laptop, the connection is established almost instantly, when I'm using the WZC, but if I use D-Link Wireless Adapter Utility, the connection will be established after a long period of time (several minutes sometimes) and sometimes the utility fails to find any networks at all.

Sincerely, Matti J. Kärki

Reply to
Matti J Karki

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.