D-Link G604T Router?

Anyone here got one of these? I have some problems with mine.

Reply to
The Crow
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Chris Catt

I have one. I just spent a week configuring the damned thing. But it seems that despite of all negative experiences I've heard of, it is possible to make G604T working. It just takes time, sweat and maybe few tears.

Sincerely, Matti J. Kärki

Reply to
Matti J Karki

I can't get the firmwear to update at all. I've contacted D-link... useless.

I don't know if the firmwear upgrades are noncumulative, and therefore the reason it won't work is that I've missed one, but whenever I download and then try and install the files it all goes Pete Tong. I follow the instructions as stated in their pdf document. Using the Update Gateway screen, I browse to select the firmwear upgrade file - I think it's the non-kernel one first, although I can't remember the correct way round for the two files. Having located this and made sure that the correct path is in the box onscreen, I click Install, or whatever the button is. I then get the message about how it's doing its thing, down at the bottom of the screen. After a while I get the 'The Page Cannot be Displayed Screen' pop up. That's it, from that point, everything's broken. I can't log into the management inteface on 192.168 et etc. I can't access the router, the internet, nothing. I have to reset the router, mannualy, to factory settings using its button, then reconfigure all my connections from scratch, before I can get any access back. After all this, nothing's been updated. D-link said it would be my firewall, or the like, blocking the script, but I've turned off all antivirus and firewall software on my pc, and it still happens. Anyone else had any trouble with firmwear upgrades? Thanks.

Reply to
The Crow

Hi, well I'm sorry to say that mine took 5 mins to configure and get online,

Reply to
Chris Catt

I just updated my D-Link DSL-G604T firmware without any problems. Few things came into my mind, when I read your description of your problems:

1) Make sure, that the phone cord (i.e. an ADSL connection) is not connected and you are connected to the routed via network cable (not wirelessly). 2) First, upload the FS file to the router, then the Kernel file. 3) After uploading either of those firmware files, it's going to take some time before the router is again responsive. So, it would be good idea to wait about half a minute before trying to connect to the http://192.168.1.1.

Sincerely, Matti J. Kärki

Reply to
Matti J Karki

I can't update the firmwear when connected wirelessly? Aha, this may well be the nail firmly struck upon the head. Thanks.

Reply to
The Crow

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.