D-Link DWL-G520 vs Linksys WMP54G

D-Link DWL-G520 vs Linksys WMP54G for wireless card

Does anyone know which of the above 2 network cards would provide me with the strongest signal and reliability. I'm mainly using it for internet access.

tia Craig

Reply to
Craig
Loading thread data ...

On 1 Aug 2006 15:48:09 -0700, "Craig" wrote in :

There is little difference in range between standard Wi-Fi cards. If you need more range, get a card with an external antenna connector so you can use a high-gain external antenna.

Reply to
John Navas

In that case then I'll get the Linksys as I think it'll be more reliable. Do you know if they sell cables I can attach to the card and then connect the antenna so I can move the attenna maybe 10' from the computer to see where I can get the best signal.

Craig

Reply to
Craig

On 2 Aug 2006 17:10:26 -0700, "Craig" wrote in :

That will only work with a card that has an external antenna connector, in which case you'll need to know what kind of connector the card has.

I'd personally avoid the losses of a 10' antenna cable by going with a USB adapter. (No losses in a USB cable.) Hawking makes one with a built-in high-gain antenna.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.