D-Link DWL-G122

I have a D-Link DWL-G122 which I have successfully used with a Netgear WGR614v5 router. It works on one of my PCs (WinXP Pro) but when I move it to another it just can't connect.

The PC that fails is also a WinXP Pro with an almost identical software setup. Except maybe for dotNET 2.0 instead of 1.1

At the hardware level, the motherboards are different. The one that works is MSI and the one that fails is Gigabyte 8S661FXMP-RZ.

When I say it won't connect, I should say that sometimes it sees the network, and gets the SSID, but it can't get an IP. Most times it can't even see the network.

I have tried all the usual,

• putting it within 2 or 3 metres line of sight to the router
  • disabling encryption at both ends
  • using both Windows then the D-Link to connect
  • Uninstalling then re-installing the drivers
  • made sure I have the latest drivers

Has anyone else had a problem with the DWL-G122 (rev B1) and a

8S661FXMP-RZ based PC?

thanks for any help Merc

Reply to
mercurypluto
Loading thread data ...

Almost certainly nothing to do with your hardware, just network set up. Set the adaptors gateway to the routers IP (probably 192.168.1.1) that should help it to get an IP from the DHCP. If that doesn't help, just set the wifi adaptor's with a static IP manually. Regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin²

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.