d-link dsl G604t

I have a d-link router dsl G604t and its been working fine easy to setup etc, I had to do a soft reset but for some reason only the power light come on No status light! No DSL light! Just the power light. so I just got a the paper clip in the reset button for 90 sec as the man on the phone said taking the power cable out after 30 sec and putting back in after 30 sec to do a factory reset he said everything would be ok but its still just the power light only i have done everything like changing cables and making sure the dsl reseting it again and again but still only the power light. am i missing anything or is the router no good! Thanks for any help and time spared to helping me.

Reply to
robhingston
Loading thread data ...

I'm amazed the man just left it there and that you didn't say anything else. It's knackered, so phone back and get a return authorisation. They usually change them fairly quick. If you're in the UK they use a hopeless courier called CityLink.

Reply to
ken r

Never buy from D-Link. Every single one of their routers breaks prematurely. They are just really poorly made

formatting link

Reply to
hackman_3vilGuy
[POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

I disagree -- I've installed quite a few of them, and none have failed.

Reply to
John Navas

Thanks everyone for you advice. Your right about d-link they are poorly made this is not the frist time I have had trouble with l-link. I will keep wifi l-link adapter for my desktop pc as that still works. But I will look around for a well make router!. what do you think a good wireless router make would be?

Reply to
robhingston

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.