"D-Link DSL-604+ Wireless ADSL Router" problem

Hello,

I am trying to set up some sort of encryption for my d-link, when I enter the details for WEP, there is a pop-up saying "Privacy type is set to WEP. Multiple SSID support will be disabled" and then the key that I have entered for WEP is erased, for the Access Control, I have not enabled Multiple SSID, any ideas? The same problem for WPA. There doesn't seem to be a working link for the UK D-link support website where I can raise some sort of eTicket..

formatting link
Any hints will be very much appreciated.

Regards

Reply to
Benson.Hoi
Loading thread data ...

You need an SSID for your WLAN. Did you type in/ define a name?

Reply to
Friedrich Wuelfing

Have you tried clicking the "ok" button and seeing what happens? The 604T has the capability of multiple SSID's, I didn't know the 604+ was supposed to as well, and you are not allowed to use encryption with this facility so it may just be an information pop-up.

Reply to
kev

Thanks. But I didn't even specify any SSID, in Wireless Management, I have not ticked Multiple SSID, any idea? After I click ok, it just erases my WEP key didn't allow me to use WEP or WPA... very strange.

Reply to
Benson.Hoi

So why don't you simply specify an SSID as I told you before?

Reply to
Friedrich Wuelfing

I did, and I did specify only one. Any ideas?

Reply to
Benson.Hoi

I can't get through to D-Link UK at all, can anyone provide me some hints on this problem or point to a useful forum/website regarding D- link routers?

Regards, Ben

Reply to
Benson.Hoi

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.