D-Link DI-524 router - max. 2 connections?

I have this (rather low-end) router. When I simulatenously use internet from one comuter connected using LAN and one using WiFi, everything works OK. When I also try to connect another computer by WiFi, I am unable Windows Vista wizard says it can't connect to this network. When I am showing all the WiFi networks, it sometimes shows that I have good connection with my net (4/5 bars), and sometimes no connection (

Reply to
bim-bom
Loading thread data ...

Thank's for the info.

Reply to
F8BOE

Well, it wasn't all I want to send (somehow it didn't post the end of my message).

My computers work on Windows XP and Vista. I use 802.11g mode and WPA. Do you think that problems are caused by a router, or by its configuration, or something else? Did you have similar problems?

Reply to
bim-bom

You router has latest firmware? Some routers don't work very well with WPA.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

sound like (thats EXACTLY what happens, wired and one wireless works, and thats what your other post said) if you turn off the dhcp server when you set it up....

Reply to
Peter Pan

see other post, but wired and one wifi make two connections... thats EXACTLY what happens when you turn off/don't have a dhcp server....

Reply to
Peter Pan

Bim,

Go this page (

formatting link
in your di-524 and make sure you allocated enough ip address for DCHP...

Hope it helps, Reinhard

Reply to
Reinhard Schimek

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.