D-Link AP in Bridge mode

Just a simple question:

What should I expect to see when 2 D-Link APs are actually communicating in bridge mode?

Do you see one bridge appear as a connected PC on the other bridge?

The reason I ask is because I'm trying to get 2 bridges to talk to each other, but am not sure how to tell when it happens.

The APs are DWL-2000+.

Thanks.

Reply to
ButteredMuffin
Loading thread data ...

I have 2 900AP+ setup in bridge mode and no they do not come up anywhere except their individual setup screens that are tied to their ip addresses. I know they are working because when I plug a computer into the one in the basement and it goes on the net, then the bridge is working. I do not have any wires from bridge to bridge so if the computers are on the net, then the bridge is working.

Reply to
f/fgeorge

That's what I was hoping not to hear.

So simply pinging from a computer on 1 end to a computer on the other should tell me when 'first contact' happens.

Thanks.

Reply to
JHC

I never used the ping command so can't say but probably. Just go to network neighborhood and if they can be accessed than it is working.

Reply to
f/fgeorge

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.