cross and auto correlation timing estimation....

H=DD,

I have searched for information for synchronization project and its about IEEE 802.11a preamble.I have one question that is very important for me. why do we use both auto correlation and cross correlation together .I mean exactly that we use cross correlation (using known symbol such as long symbols) for symbol timing but for packet detection we use auto correlation.why dont we use auto correlation for symbol timing or why dont we use cross correlation for packet detection. In the receiver we can know the short symbols as a reference symbol and I think we can use cross correlation again for packet detection if you answer me or show me any reference ,paper or book anthing else I will really be pleased because I have searching it for one week I have looked up almost every paper about it but I have not got any satisfied answer. Thank you very much... Mehmet Karaca Sabanci University

Reply to
Meta
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.