Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
July 1, 2007, 2:16 am
rate this thread
I would like to learn how to crack Wep and WPA keys. I have tried
using Cain, but could not get it to work with my wireless cards. The
options under Cain's wireless tab are grayed-out so I assume that it
would not work. The two types of cards that I have are listed below.
Type : Trendnet TEW-424UB Wireless USB Nic
Chipset: Realtek RTL8187b Wireless LAN USB Nic
Type : 2Wire 802.11g USB Wireless LAN Card
If anyone has any suggestion on how I can crack wireless WEP and WPA
keys using my current wireless cards, I would appreciate hearing it.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Cracking WEP and WPA
Cain has many parts and pieces. The part that's failing is the
capture mode, which requires that the card and driver support the
monitor or promiscuous mode. If you can only sniff your own packets,
that's the problem. The card and driver will also need to support
packet injection, which is used to spew ARP requests in order to
generate sufficient unique IV's to capture and later crack. Only a
fairly small number of cards and drivers can do that. The RTL8187 has
a good chance of working.
Try this AirCrack-NG instead:
For a hint on how to fix the packet capture problem and a list of
suitable cards, see:
This may also fix the problem for Cain.
Jeff Liebermann firstname.lastname@example.org
150 Felker St #D http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
- » is there an easy way to get the IP ranges of T-mobile?
- — Newest thread in » Wireless Networking
- » Sure, Verizon blew $4.6 billion on AOL and Yahoo, but at least it isn't AT&T ...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum
- » The global cashless movement meets its foe: Local government [telecom]
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum