Corrupt flash on a Cisco 1231G Acces Point

There I was uploading a new flash image to my AP .. it crashed

Now the image is corrupt and only boots to a "AP :" prompt :(

The command I used was ..

archive download-sw/overwrite/ tftp://10.13.66.1/c1200-k9w7-tar.123-2.JA.tar

I have searcehed the cisco site but can find no information on recovering from a disastor like this

Any help in getting another image on there would be gratefuly recieved. Drop the ZZZ to reply

Cheers ...

Reply to
z400d3
Loading thread data ...

~ There I was uploading a new flash image to my AP .. it crashed ~ ~ Now the image is corrupt and only boots to a "AP :" prompt :( ~ ~ The command I used was .. ~ ~ archive download-sw/overwrite/ ~ tftp://10.13.66.1/c1200-k9w7-tar.123-2.JA.tar ~ ~ I have searcehed the cisco site but can find no information on ~ recovering from a disastor like this ~ ~ Any help in getting another image on there would be gratefuly ~ recieved. ~ Drop the ZZZ to reply ~ ~ Cheers ...

[ posted and emailed ]

First things first ... you might want to be sure that the tar file on your TFTP server is valid ... e.g. use tar if on Unix or winzip if Windows to verify it.

Next, from the ap: prompt you can use tftp_init and tar -xtract to pull the tar file contents into flash.

Instructions:

formatting link
Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Thanks for that Aaron,

With a bit of fiddling around I managed to get this to work.

Drop the ZZZ to reply

Cheers ...

Reply to
z400d3

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.