Converting a wireless router to act as a network bridge.

Here's my problem, I just got a Toshiba IPT2010-SD VoIP phone from work to set up in my home office. The problem is, the phone requires a hardwired Ethernet connection to the internet, but my wireless router is nowhere near my home office, it's over by the TV (cable internet) so I either have to run a long line from the home office to my router (cats+long cables=bad), or figure out a way I can convert another wireless router I have into a network bridge so I can plug my VoIP phone into router #2, and have it talk wirelessly to router #1 which has access to the internet (wireless=good). Does that make sense? Is this possible? Router #2 is a Linksys WRT54gx and router #1 is a D-Link, don't know the model number. Thanks.

Reply to
owhite1
Loading thread data ...

On 8 Dec 2006 12:11:45 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in :

No and no. You need a wireless Ethernet (client) bridge, not another router. See wikis below.

Reply to
John Navas

I saw this article that explained how to hack the Linksys router to "upgrade" it:

formatting link

Reply to
Bucky

I saw this article that explained how to hack the Linksys router to "upgrade" it:

formatting link

Reply to
Bucky

formatting link

Reply to
Bucky

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.