Console port on WRT160N

Hi guys,

I need help getting the console port on my WRT160N to work. I am using a TTL-232R 3.3V cable and minicom. I have soldiered up JP2 and believe that I have got the wiring connected correctly. I am using the following settings 115200 baud 8-n-1 with no flow control (hardware and software) but can not see the console at all. I am not sure what I should be seeing but believe that I should see some sort of boot sequence. Don't know what I am doing wrong but fortunately have not yet killed the router.

The exact cable I am using is a FTDI TTL-232R-3V3 USB to TTL with the FTDI driver. Anyone done this. What happened? Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Aaron Spiteri
Loading thread data ...

Where did you get those settings from? I would start at 9600 and work your way up, rebooting each time so that you know you should be getting some sort of output.

Reply to
alexd

I got the settings from oldwiki.openwrt.org under linksys WRT160N, my gut feeling tells me thatI crossed wired the earth with the power, the router seems OK and the computers USB port. Don't know about the cable though. Going to resoilder the PCB and try again. However this time I will try from the slower board and work my way up.

Reply to
Aaron Spiteri

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.