Connectivity Issue

My wife's one-year old Gateway desktop with Win XP Pro has built-in wireless that has always worked perfectly. It connects via our home Linksys WRT54g router. Lately, when it boots up, there's a yellow triangle on the icon in the lower right taskbar. Clicking on that brings up the wireless network box. It states that the Linksys connection has "little or no connectivity", yet the speed is 54 mbps. I disconnect it from the network and then re-connect. The dialog box for the WEP key comes up. The key is already entered. I push OK, and then it connects to the internet.

Any idea why it suddenly began showing a connectivity problem? It always used to connect automatically during bootup.

Thanks! Scott

Reply to
Scott
Loading thread data ...

I would go into your preferred network connections and remove your linksys then reassociate with the ap and re enter the wep key.. sounds like you are not correctly authenticating with the ap.. might also delete any other connections that are in there that are un needed. Try power cycling the ap and double check nothing has changed in it..

Adair

Reply to
Adair Witner

Adair, I followed your suggestion. I removed linksys, then re-established it. On the next bootup, it connected on it's own. However, subseuent bootups went back to the "little or no connectivity" issue. I wonder if my Linksys router should be reset? The other 2 wireless-enabled computers in the house are working fine.

Thanks! Scott

Reply to
Scott

Adair,

Now it's connecting fine at bootup. Whatever the problem, it seems to have re-established the normal connection on it's own.

Scott

Reply to
Scott

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.