connection troubles

I have a (linksys) WET 11 I'd like to set for channal 6 on the 5 th floor of my office,and run it in to a (linksys) BEFW1s4 on the second floor on channal 11.

Will it work? What do I need special?

Reply to
Rich
Loading thread data ...

I have it here on the bench, and no I am missing something. That's why I ask.

Reply to
Rich

Have you tried it yet? How else would you know it didn't work?

Reply to
tony

"Rich" hath wroth:

No.

1. The BEFW11S4 is the access point which sets the channel in infrastructure mode. The client radio just follows. If you have the WET11 channel set to 6, then you are NOT in the infrastructure mode and probably in the ad-hoc mode.

1. If this is the typical high rise office building, it probably has a poured concrete floor. Trying to go through that with 2.4GHz wireless is difficult. Trying to go through 3 such floors is impossible.

CAT5 network wiring between floors.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

I got it to work as a access point Ad hock and rebroadcast to my desktop. through the WAM side input to the rebrodcaster.

Reply to
Rich

"Rich" hath wroth:

In Ad-hoc mode, all the radios are clients and there is no central access point as in infrastructure mode. The BEFW11S4 cannot do ad-hoc.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

OK IT's not I checked

Reply to
Rich

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.