Connection Drops Frequently (Router/PPPoE issues)

Hey group,

Every so often (15 minutes, 2 hours, basically random), my router loses my connection to the internet (Sympatico HSE). Originally I thought it was my wireless connection, though today I discovered that when the net goes down, its only my Internet Connection that gets reset, while my network connection remains intact.

I've done a bit of research and discovered that there are issues relating to routers and PPPoE connections. I only have until monday to return my router so I'd like some suggestions on routers that work particularly well with PPPoE and/or Sympatico specifically. Alternately, are there any solutions to the dropped connection problem? I'm currently using a Linksys WRT54GS, recently upgraded firmware (last week).

TIA

Reply to
jesse.hartwick
Loading thread data ...

It's not the Connection it's all router does the same When you got to much connection or a Full scan off your ports the ROUTER it's sumerge of connection the router can not handle it

i try many router and they does the same thinks

Reply to
Midjet

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.