Connecting wifi from one house to another

Hi, I'd like to share an internet connection between two houses that are 2 houses appart and in front one of the other. Is there a simple solution cause I don't think my wifi router will be enough?

Thanks

Patrick

Reply to
phardy
Loading thread data ...

Take a look at hyperlink technologies

formatting link
Basically you'll need and AP or Router that does wireless bridge mode. You'll have to create a wireless bridge from one house to the other. You'll need and outdoor mounts and a fair amount of Coax cable. You'll run the coax from the routers coax port to the antenna mounted on the outside of the house. A good flat panel antenna should do fine. You'll only need a stronger Yagi (cannon) type antenna. if you need to go a couple of miles. Make sure that your LOS (line of sight) if there are any obstructions in the path it will not let your signal pass and you'll never get a link. Your best bet would be to get and old sat dish "J" arm and mouth the flat panel on the J mount and do the exact same thing on the other end.

In conslusion, if you a kid your going to need the help of an adult. This is not a simple process and you need to observe safety when getting on latters and such. Falling off a roof can kill you. I personally would like to stay alive as long as possible. So please make sure you know what your doing or ask for help.

Reply to
Doug Simar

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.