Connecting Belking Wireless Router to the Internet via another computer

Hello

I have a Belkin Wireless G Router (F5D7230-4). I wanna go ahead and connect it to the Internet and use the router as an access point.

The way I connect to the internet is through a wifi network via a wireless card on my pc.

So my question is how do I hook up the router to my PC, have it connect to the internet using my wireless connection and then use that router as an access point?

Any help would be appreciated

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
kaman
Loading thread data ...

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 15:49:29 -0500, kaman wrote in :

1. Use it as a wireless access point with the DHCP server turned off. (See How To below.)
  2. Connect it to your PC.
  3. Enable ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) on your PC.
Reply to
John Navas

How about going at it from the other way around? Have the Belkin connect to the wifi network and then wire the PC into it. This way you'll have constant connectivity without the PC being turned on. Set up the Belkin using client mode, load the DD-WRT firmware on it if the factory version doesn't have client mode.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.