Connected to network, No internet

I have an Airlink 101 PCI wireless adaptor that I just installed on my desktop computer. The computer connects to the linksys router fine. Connection is excellent and "Packets sent" steadily rises while "packets received" is at 0. When trying to open internet explorer or firefox, it is unable to connect to google. I'm almost entirely certain it's a problem with the computer: I'm connected to the same wireless connection right now via a laptop.

The desktop is running Windows XP. What could be the problem? Is it something related to the IP Address?

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
ryaneck
Loading thread data ...

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 19:14:59 -0500, ryaneck wrote in :

Disable *all* security in the wireless router while troubleshooting. Are you using WEP? Possible WEP key mismatch. Enter all WEP keys in hex, not characters. Better yet, use WPA with a strong passphrase -- WEP is too weak to be of value.

Reply to
John Navas

make sure you have checked your tcp/ip properties page. you should place in the default gateway entry your Ap's IP address.

Reply to
Eric Oyen - N7ZZT

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 02:09:33 -0700, Eric Oyen - N7ZZT wrote in :

That is normally handled by DHCP. If it's not happening, better to fix the DHCP problem than to set a manual IP address, which might lead to problems down the road.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.