Connected disconnect, disconnected Connected

Yeah. You installed the XP "Network Bridge" thing. It's primary purpose is to allow you to use the computah as a bridge (not a router) between an ethernet wired network and perhaps a USB wired network. You don't need it and I guarantee it will cause problems. Remove it.

Control Panel -> Network -> Show devices Right click on the "Network Bridge" Select "Delete"

formatting link

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann
Loading thread data ...

I am seeing a very weird thing on my computer. My Net connections CP says my wireless connection is disconnected and the tray has a wireless connection with a red X, but I am connected and can surf the net [ no Ethernet cord plugged in], while it says Internet Gateway Internet connection connected.

It often says the reverse when I am disconnected, it says I am connected.

Is there any reason this might be occurring?? ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Jefferis Peterson, Pres. Web Design and Marketing

formatting link

Reply to
Jefferis NoSpamme

Hi Jeff, I have Network Connections, but not simply a network cp and no Network bridge or devices listed in the Network Connections CP.

The internet connections icon only appears randomly when trying to reestablish wireless connections. My Mac is not set up to host connections, so the only thing that might be seen is the WAP set up as an AP. But I doubt that would interpreted as a bridge.

Jeff

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Jefferis Peterson, Pres. Web Design and Marketing

formatting link

Reply to
Jefferis NoSpamme

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.