connected, but not really connected???

hey in my last post nothing was working i have no idea what i've done but now it's working

so i have a PC with a network adapter and a wireless adapter, and a laptop with a wireless adapter. i have no router and i'm trying to connect between the PC and the laptop (i have to say that the network adapter and the wireless adapter in the pc are assigned to two different IP addresses and are set to subnet mask

255.255.255.0 no gateway to dsn are entered. also the laptop wireless card has it's own ip. now the 2 computers DO connect. it says connected. but it's not really connected. i can do nothing between them.. can't see it in the workgroup, can't ping it.. nothing. i'm using a AD-HOC connection between them with a WEP security (it doesn't work also if i put no security on the connection)

any ideas?

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
Wireless5678
Loading thread data ...

Have a look at:-

ignore the reference to internet connection(ICS).

Reply to
LR

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.