Connect Wired Clients to Wlan Repeater Dlink DWL900AP+

Hi there,

I have a question. I have successfully installed a Dlink DWL900AP+, which repeates the Wireless Signal from my DWL614+ in my basement.

Now I would like to connect to server PCs via Ethernet Cables to my repeater but I can't get a signal from the Ethernet outlet at my DWL900AP+. Do I need a special cable or need to buy an additional device?

Chris

Reply to
kristiano
Loading thread data ...

Won't work. The DWL-900AP+ will not repeat anything from the ethernet port. In fact, the ethernet port goes nowhere (other than the internal web configuration pages) when in repeater mode.

Boxes that support WDS (wireless distribution something) will simultaneously play repeater and access point, giving you what you want. However, you'll also need to replace your DI-614+ as it will not work with a WDS repeater.

The only way to make this work is to replace everything, or install wireless card(s) in your server(s).

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

You will need another device. When in repeater mode it will only "repeat" the wireless signal and not use the Ethernet socket.

Either use A 900AP OR 700AP in client mode and plug it into your network switch/hub

Reply to
Tony

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.