Connect to 802.11b but not 802.11g... but used to be able to...?

Dell Latitude D810 with built in 802.11g card.

I have a dlink G router at home on a dsl connections. First few months I had no issues at all using the net wirelessly in my house.

My wife has a laptop with an 802.11b card, she can and still does use it fine (router is in dual mode).

I go to a buddies office and game on his wireless router (linksys,

802.11g) no issues. He has 2 other laptops, always on, always connected.

Recently, I can only get "limited or no connectivity" on my g card; home and buddy's office.

Yet, at my office, where there are 802.11B access points, it connects like a charm.

no changes have been made on any routers or my laptop.

IN FACT, my friend ALSO has a dell latitude d810. Pretty much a clone of mine. He has no issues. WEP is not the issue.

thanks in advance. Jazz Mann

Reply to
Jazz
Loading thread data ...
[POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

Sounds like new sources of radio interference. See the FAQ below.

Reply to
John Navas

Yet my friend with an identical system (actually, alot more junked up with software than mine) can connect flawlessly? In the very same room as me? To the very same router? And I cant? That is one targeted radio wave man... it follows me where ever I go... I need to make an aluminum foil helmet pronto! :)

Reply to
Jazz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.