Confused as hell w/ linksys

I have a linksys wireless router. I'm also using windows to manage my wireless connection. I tried using the intel proset/wireless but can't get the profiles right. I've messed with the Linksys setup software and the wireless settings on my laptop but I still get the network as being unsecure. I get the connection but how do I get it secure? Which devise controls this? My laptop or the desktop with the router? I've tried the linksys website without any success. I'd like to use the Intel proset and have wpa protection. (which wpa? enterprise?) I'm really confused and my conncetion is now open and unencrypted. Any advise?

JaKe Seattle

Reply to
jkdrummer
Loading thread data ...

Either one of the machines can access the router's Admin screens. However, you should use the wire machine to setup the router for the wireless too. Of course, you must configure the wireless card to match the settings on the router for the wireless to access the WAN and LAN.

I don't know as I don't use wireless anymore at this time. But maybe, this link can help you a little bit.

formatting link
Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Start off reading the manual you can get from the linksys site. You never did mention the model...

Reply to
Dan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.