Configuring WRT54 as a switch (configure WAN port as a LAN port)

I've had a wired BEFSR41 Linksys router for a while now and just bought a WRT54G wireless router today. I bought it because I wanted wireless and to get more LAN ports on my home network. I currently have the wireless router setup as a wireless switch by not using the WAN port and connecting a LAN port on it to a LAN port on the wired router with a crossover cable.

What I want to know is if its possible to configure the WAN port on my wireless router as another LAN port instead giving me an extra port to use in the future. I've tried using the WAN port on the wireless router but obviously, NAT causes ploblems when trying to access any of the computers on the wireless router from the wired router since they are virtually located on different networks as far as the wireless router is concerned. It doesn't really matter if the WAN port can't be converted directly to LAN but any combination of settings that will allow me to create 1 unified/unrestricted network in the same way a switch would do.

BTW, I am using the DD-WRT third-party firmware.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Reply to
Phil
Loading thread data ...

(...)

RTFM:

formatting link

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.