Components in an AP

Hi, Can some one point me to a source where i can find a brief description of various components (radio transciever, what kinda processor is used etc) in an AP.

shar.

Reply to
sharkie
Loading thread data ...

Sure. Look on the serial number tag on your wireless thing and find the FCC ID. It will be in the form of xxx-xxxxxxx. Then go to:

formatting link
see what appears. There are usually inside photos and descriptions. You'll be able to see the chips used in the radio part. Use Google to find the vendor and part number. For all the myriad of

802.11 wireless devices available, there are really only about 30 different radio chips from about 10 vendors that are used.

Incidentally, if the FCC ID search finds nothing, type in only the first 3 letters and leave everything else blank. That will give you a shopping list of devices made by a particular vendor. If I do that, I also go to the bottom of the page, and change the number of items displayed from 10 to some much larger number.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.