Compaq - Express WiFi card vs PCMCIA

Hmm. I bet you park your motor at the kerb (without scraping the tyres). There's some sort of connexion there. You watch the box at night, checking now and then to see what's on the other side.

PS: on another note, does anything in this remind you of Jeff L:

Reply to
Warren Oates
Loading thread data ...

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 09:03:26 -0400, Warren Oates wrote:

Sigh. Robert Heinlein lived in nearby Bonny Doon for many years. I only met him once, which unfortunately was in the emergency room of the local hospital. That was not a good time to get aquatinted.

There are plenty of such checklists floating around usenet. As usual, I can't find any when I need one. I've also received similar checklists from publishers, prospective employers, and of course, government agencies. Much as I've been tempted, I've avoided creating one for alt.internet.wireless. No need to thank me.

Actually, it probably wouldn't hurt to organize my insults and humiliating denunciations. How's this?

[ ] YOUR CAPS LOCK KEY IS STUCK. [ ] fix the caps lock key on your keyboard. [ ] PleaseFixYourSpaceBar [ ] What is it you're trying to accomplish? [ ] Is there some reason you didn't bother to supply maker and model numbers? [ ] Any particular operating system? [ ] It takes two to tango. What's on the other end of your wireless link? [ ] Do you have line of sight? Do you even know what line of sight means? Fresnel Zone clearance? [ ] Please update your software, firmware, drivers, or technology. [ ] You have a virus, worm, trojan horse, or Microsoft product. [ ] No, it's not suppose to catch fire and smoke. [ ] Are the lights flashing? [ ] Power cycle your router, modem, access point, firewall, hub, switch, computah, or lifestyle. [ ] Get permission from the hot spot owner before using their system. [ ] If you think I'm horrible, try calling tech support. [ ] Wireless will not work through a dozen poured concrete floors. [ ] No, exposure to wi-fi will not cause cancer. [ ] Is there some reason you're reading this instead of the manufacturers instructions? [ ] Perhaps it would be more intelligible in the original Chinese? [ ] If only they would pay my time, to write the docs in verse and rhyme. [ ] Mesh networks are RF pollution and do not scale. [ ] Municipal wi-fi doesn't pay. [ ] There's no such thing as free wi-fi. Someone has to pay and will eventually tire of your leaching. [ ] The first step to solving a problem is to blame someone. However, never blame the person or company that's going to solve your problem. [ ] It's not my problem. It's -your- problem. [ ] The bigger and uglier the antenna, the better it works. [ ] The purpose of reliability enhancements are to keep the telephone from ringing (at 2am in the morning). [ ] Organizing a neighborhood wireless network and herding cats have much in common. [ ] That which is most obviously correct, beyond any need of checking, it usually the problem. [ ] Good, fast, cheap. Pick two. If RF is involved. Pick one. [ ] Non-line of sight can be made to work, but not for very long. [ ] The best way to make an enemy is to share internet with a friend.
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

In news:48c3c835$0$1339$ snipped-for-privacy@reader.greatnowhere.com, BillW50 typed on Sun, 07 Sep 2008 07:25:26 -0500:

I was using the microdrive driver on the EEE and things were happening that I didn't like. Slowness for one. Also Maxthon was installed on the SD like most of my programs. And then later, Maxthon reset itself and acted like a fresh install.

So I reinstalled Windows XP on this EEE and I didn't install the microdrive driver and kept everything on the SSD (solid state drive) this time. Everything is working so fast and it is running rock solid now. :-)

Reply to
BillW50

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.