clear.com substitute?

Looks like I'm hosed. The Clear hotspot worked well for me for years but they're shutting down soon. I can find no flat rate wireless unlimited data substitute and have pretty much given up trying. Unfortunately, I'll be moving soon so wired internet is out. Looks like I'll be paying quite a bit more for limited data but I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion.

So far, in terms of price, Sprint ($110 for 30 gigs) or Millenicom (either $89.99 or $69.99 for 20 gigs) look like the least expensive. Sadly, the one review of the Sprint Zing Mobile Hotspot mentions "I also find it resetting a lot on the network then causing disconnects."

Pretty discouraging.

I've got T-Mobile for my cell for $30 a month which gives me 5 gb but no tethering. The T-Mobile $80 a month plan which gets you unlimited 4glte only lets you tether 5 gb and I really need to use more than that for tablets and computers.

Reply to
M. John Matlaw
Loading thread data ...

Should have mentioned - I'm in NYC where WISP appears to be just for business or entire residential buildings (as opposed to individual apartments).

Reply to
M. John Matlaw

Huge sections of NYC are covered with public and semi-public WiFi.

Head over to your window and see what's there.

Note that the Cable Companies offer, as part of their wired service, free access to their net of WiFi servers, so if you see a good signal from Acme Cable, you could call your friend and offer to split his monthly bill.

Reply to
danny burstein

TWC [time warner cable] if you get it, is great [at least for me]

$15 a month

marc

Reply to
Swan Black

How are they on free hot spots (Manhattan)?

Reply to
M. John Matlaw

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.