Cisco "Small Business"

Does anyone have any experience with this router:

Cisco WRVS4400N

Reply to
Warren Oates
Loading thread data ...

Sorta. A friend has a client that uses 4 of those to form a VPN and for remote access. He had trouble setting them up, so I logged in remotely and fixed it. I had plenty of trouble trying to figure out the IPSEC VPN settings for 3 tunnels. The problem was the usual subnet mistake. Make sure each remote network is on a unique subnet. For example, a 4 node system would have: 192.168.101.xxx 192.168.102.xxx 192.168.103.xxx 192.168.104.xxx It will somewhat function with everything on the same subnet but it's much easier and more reliable if every remote office has its own subnet and not have to deal with duplicate IP's. Same with remote users calling into via the VPN. Make sure that none of the subnets duplicate the callers home network or you'll get irate calls for stupid things like his network printer or NAS box doesn't work when he connects. That means don't use 0, 1, or 2 for the 3rd octet.

I didn't try connecting more than one remote user to the built in VPN servers at a time, so I don't have any performance numbers. In the past, previous Linksys consumer routers just didn't have the horsepower to handle more than one IPSEC VPN connection at a time.

You might want to look at the emulator to see what you're getting into:

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Excellent! Thank you sir!

Reply to
Warren Oates

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.