Cisco Aironet 1100

I have 15 wireless laptops and 3 AP's, will i have to point 5 laptops to 1 AP or will they load balance themselves if I configure them all with the same details apart from static ip's any advice appreciated

Reply to
Barry
Loading thread data ...

Thanks Peter I will have a look at this in the morning and see if I can figure out if I can do this

Thanks aga>> I have 15 wireless laptops and 3 AP's, will i have to point 5 laptops to >> 1

Reply to
Barry

Your APs should use something called IAPP (Inter Access Point Protocol) - you'll have to configure this. Then you get roaming access. Won't happen by just configuring them with just the same details.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Boosten

That's right Barry - you should just build a single LAN and get all the WLAN access points connected on it. The IAPP (Inter-Access-Point- Protocol) does a lot of the communication among the AP's. In addition IAPP is also instrumental for WPA (EAP) to work.

If you realize that there is a higher concentration of users at a single physical location, you should put more Access Points in that location.

Have fun!

formatting link

Reply to
c24

I had a look through the web interface of the Aironet 1100 and can't seem to see anything relating to IAPP, guess it doesnt support it

Reply to
Barry

Here's a Command Reference of the device. There is a bunch of stuff covered about IAPP. Check it out:

formatting link
HTH /
formatting link

Reply to
c24

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.