Cisco 340 wireless card

~ I have a Cisco 340 wireless card in my pc. Works great with the Cisco ~ A/P. I have a Symbol AP-4131 a/p.. I was trying to get the cisco 340 ~ to SEE the Symbol AP... What do I need or CAN the Cisco work with the ~ Symbol??? ~ ~ Thanks

The 340 client should interoperate fine with any standards-compliant

802.11b AP. In addition to the 802.11b standard protocols, it supports 104-bit static WEP (aka "128-bit WEP"), as well as WPAv1 TKIP (for which you would need to use a WPA EAP supplicant or a WPA-PSK supplicant such as Windows XP WZC.)

How do you have your Symbol AP configured? What is its SSID? Is it broadcasting the SSID in beacons? Is it configured for static WEP? If so, is it 40- or 104-bit WEP? Have you configured the WEP key? Is it configured for shared key or open authentication?

Once you find that out, add a profile in ACU to match the Symbol AP's settings. Then activate the Symbol profile within ACU or by right-clicking the ACM icon in the system tray (i.e. the square icon with the concentric arcs radiating up from a point.)

To reinstall/upgrade/downgrade the code for the 340, go to

formatting link
walk thru the prompts till you find the install wizards. Install Wizard 1.2 is the most recent officially supported code for the 340 client.

See

formatting link
full docs.

Cheers,

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard
Loading thread data ...

I have a Cisco 340 wireless card in my pc. Works great with the Cisco A/P. I have a Symbol AP-4131 a/p.. I was trying to get the cisco 340 to SEE the Symbol AP... What do I need or CAN the Cisco work with the Symbol???

Thanks

Reply to
gene martinez

formatting link
for full docs.

Reply to
gene martinez

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.