Cisco 1242 access point web management timeout.

I am setting up a couple of these and the web management timeout is not much more than a minute which is really annoying. I looked through the manual and the various menus and haven't found a setting to increase the timeout.

Any ideas?

Reply to
George
Loading thread data ...

I don't know for sure if this is implimented in the 1242 Access Point but try it anyway:

idle-timeout (WSMA)

To set a time for the Web Services Management Agent (WSMA) profile to keep the session alive in the absence of any data traffic, use the idle-timeout command in the WSMA listener configuration mode or the WSMA initiator configuration mode. To disable the idle-timeout, use the no form of this command.

Examples: idle-timeout minutes no idle-timeout

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

You mean you are being asked to reauthenticate on a frequent basis?

One tip I can offer is to use IE rather than some other browser. For some reason, IE is much faster with the AP GUI.

Beyond that ... I don't quite know offhand. Try in the comp.dcom.sys.cisco group if you need more help.

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Thanks, not sure how to get there or it isn't implemented.

Reply to
George

Yes

I tried both IE and Firefox on different machines and timeout is the same.

Reply to
George

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.