Cisco 1231G WPA2 (AES)

~ I am trying to find an example config of WPA2 on a Cisco 1231G Access ~ Point. ~ ~ Any help would be appreciated ! ~ Drop the ZZZ to reply ~ ~ Cheers ...

Here's a sample config for the AP. The trick right now is finding a client that supports WPA2+AES. Funk Odyssey 3.1 is such a supplicant ... and some new Atheros-based clients can do AES.

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard
Loading thread data ...

I am trying to find an example config of WPA2 on a Cisco 1231G Access Point.

Any help would be appreciated ! Drop the ZZZ to reply

Cheers ...

Reply to
z400d3

Thanks for that Aaron,

I had managed to get this far with the config but am grateful to find that I am on the right track.

I have the Odyssey client that supports WPA2 and AES but I can't get it to connect.

I have not seen the Aeros clients, where can I find one ?

Drop the ZZZ to reply

Cheers ...

Reply to
z400d3

~ Thanks for that Aaron, ~ ~ I had managed to get this far with the config but am grateful to find ~ that I am on the right track. ~ ~ I have the Odyssey client that supports WPA2 and AES but I can't get ~ it to connect.

OK ... I haven't played with this myself, so I can't help you further right now I'm afraid ...

~ I have not seen the Aeros clients, where can I find one ?

The Atheros clients include the Cisco CB21AG card (but it won't support AES till spring '05 I believe.)

You can go to the Wifi Alliance page

formatting link
search for products that are listed as supporting WPA2.

Regards,

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.