Cheap Wireless Ethernet Bridge 802.11 b ?

I have looked around the web (including eBay) for a device that will connect to my device's ethernet port so it can wirelessly connect to my network. The device is a stock 3COM Audrey, which has 10baseT ethernet connectivity already. I just want to move it somewhere else in the house and don't want to recofigure anything. The price point must be as low as possible, the Audrey is pretty slow so I don't need performance. "I just need it to work". Any recommendations for devices in the $20 range?

Thanks.

Reply to
bradwiseathome
Loading thread data ...

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com hath wroth:

$20 including shipping? That would be almost free.

Look for WAP11 v2.2, DWL-900AP+, or any of the AX100 chipset series of devices at:

formatting link
all have a client mode that can be used to connect your ethernet device to an access point. It's only 802.11b but that should be adequate. Yeah, there's some WAP11's on eBay for $15 including shipping.

Also, you might look for a WET11, which will do the same thing, but is much smaller.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.