Channel on Router

I have a wireless Netgear router with 4 ports on it. Now originally, none of my computers were able to connect to the router, but I have changed the channel wirelessly to channel 6 and three computers have now successfully connected to the router. Nonetheless, there is still one computer that is detecting a signal from the router, but stating that there is limited connectivity (even though signal strength is excellent.) This was what the original problem was and this was rectified when I changed the channel.

I have changed the SSID but still the problem. The computer is showing as connected to MY router with a good connection, however with limited connectivity. When I rang Netgear because this was the problem on all 4 computers originally, they told me to change the channel and hey presto, three computers connected. He said it was something to do with the waves from the TVs and cordless telephones. So my thinking is that if I change the channel again, it may work?

I just don't want to do change the channel if it may result in all 4 having no connection

Would it help if I were to change the channel on the router again? I am in the UK and currently on Channel 6

Reply to
Neil Greenough
Loading thread data ...

What IP does the machine that has a good signal but cannot connect when you go to the Command Prompt and enter IPConfig /all? It should have a IP in the range of the other machines that have a good connection when you enter IPconfig /all on one of those machine.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

When I type in "IPconfig" into 'run', the Command Prompt screen opens for a split second, fills with some writing and then closes again, so i can't check it.

Is there another way to check it?

Reply to
Neil Greenough

start>run, then type in CMD. The window will open and stay open, then type in ipconfig /all

Reply to
Bob Furtaw

Alsoyou can tye in iconfig /? to see a list of all the ipconfig options such as ipconfig /release_all or ipconfig-_renew all.......For all us OLD DOS operating system users it is fun to run the old dos commands once in a while. :)

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.