Channel conflict?

Hi

I need to connect to a WLAN on channel 11 - and my WLAN has got about

65% signal strength.

Problem is that another WLAN is nearby with 100% signal, also on channel 11.

So I cant connect to my preferred WLAN.

Any ideas?

/JJ

Reply to
Jens Jakob Andersen
Loading thread data ...

In article , Jens Jakob Andersen wrote: :I need to connect to a WLAN on channel 11 - and my WLAN has got about :65% signal strength.

:Problem is that another WLAN is nearby with 100% signal, also on :channel 11.

:So I cant connect to my preferred WLAN.

:Any ideas?

Antenna. Or, more simply, figure out which direction the other signal is coming from and put in a reflector the reduces that signal reaching you whilst leaving free the path between you and your AP.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

The best idea would be to change the SSID. See the manual for details. Some client software supports setting a prefered AP. That may also work.

Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Krüger

If your network and another are both trying to use Channel 11 in close proximity to each other, neither of you is going to have wonderful performance. One of you should change to channels 1 or 6 (the only non-overlapping 11b/g channels are 1, 6 & 11). If for some reason you're locked into channel 11 (which is a little hard to believe), perhaps you can politely ask the owner of the other network to change channels.

good luck, Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.