Changing Network SSID Blocks Incoming Mails To My Inbox? - Page 2

Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary.  Now with pictures!

Threaded View
Re: Changing Network SSID Blocks Incoming Mails To My Inbox?
Taking a moment's reflection, Peter Pan mused:
|
| Maybe that's part of it. Maybe *you* can do it in 5 seconds, but try doing
| it on a support call at 2AM with a minimum wage person that barely speaks
| english.

    You are creating a scenario that is not relevant to this discussion to
try and prove your point.  In this case, rebooting is not necessary.  Even
if we grant your assumption that the mail server is wirelessly connected to
the network, how will rebooting the client PC help this?  It won't.




Re: Changing Network SSID Blocks Incoming Mails To My Inbox?
mhicaoidh wrote:
> Taking a moment's reflection, Peter Pan mused:
>>
>> Maybe that's part of it. Maybe *you* can do it in 5 seconds, but try
>> doing it on a support call at 2AM with a minimum wage person that
>> barely speaks english.
>
>    You are creating a scenario that is not relevant to this
> discussion to try and prove your point.  In this case, rebooting is
> not necessary.  Even if we grant your assumption that the mail server
> is wirelessly connected to the network, how will rebooting the client
> PC help this?  It won't.

Sounds like *YOU* are trying to create a scenario where you are
indispensible. He said it hadn't worked for 4 days.. You gonna sit there for
4 days?

I love your absolute proclamation of "it won't".. Show's you aren't
thinking.... I am on a computer this second that has both a wired
connection, and is the network exchange mail server on the network, with a
second bridged wireless connection to the WAP/Router and cable connection..
Not so odd, we have had a wired network for years, and bridged it to the new
wireless one we are installing incrementally as wired stuff dies. And by the
way, that scenario will simulate EXACTLY the symptoms the op described.




Re: Changing Network SSID Blocks Incoming Mails To My Inbox?
Taking a moment's reflection, Peter Pan mused:
|
| Sounds like *YOU* are trying to create a scenario where you are
| indispensible. He said it hadn't worked for 4 days.. You gonna sit there
| for 4 days?

    Your first sentence makes no sense.  But, since we've moved into the
realm of the ridiculous ... do you believe the client PC hasn't been
rebooted once over the course of those four days?

| I love your absolute proclamation of "it won't".. Show's you aren't
| thinking.... I am on a computer this second that has both a wired
| connection, and is the network exchange mail server on the network, with a
| second bridged wireless connection to the WAP/Router and cable
| connection.. Not so odd, we have had a wired network for years, and
| bridged it to the new wireless one we are installing incrementally as
| wired stuff dies. And by the way, that scenario will simulate EXACTLY the
| symptoms the op described.

    Again, you are making assumptions that aren't relevant to the
information the OP has provided.  So far, these permutations have gone from
1) reboot the mail client PC; 2) reboot the wireless mail server on the
internal network (assuming it exists), or simply click "okay" if it is XP
SP2 to accept the SSID change; and now, 3) reboot the client, because the
client is also the wireless mail server on the internal network (another
assumption).

    Your advice is relevant to the scenarios you have created to support
them, granted.  But, there's no information so far to suggest that your
created situations are in any way similar.  When a car has a rough idle, you
can say that it's dirty fuel injectors because that's exactly the symptom of
dirty injectors ... but what if the car's carburated?  No dirty injectors.




Re: Changing Network SSID Blocks Incoming Mails To My Inbox?
Taking a moment's reflection, chungacs@streamyx.com mused:
|
| Is it because the SSID has been changed and some related settings need to
| be changed at the same time? Or is it the mail quota on the server is
| full? Can someone help? TIA

    Is it possible that since you have now changed your SSID, you are now
connecting to another WLAN that also had the same default SSID you
previously had?  Are you sure you are connected to your WLAN?




Site Timeline