Cant Network

Im a novice to networking, and an even bigger novice to wifi, But im attempting to connect two pc's together for print and file sharing (no internet connection), however I cant get it working... My PC specs are as follows:-

PC ONE Windows XP Service Pack 2 EDUP IEEE802.11b/g Wireless LAN PCI Network Adapter

PC TWO Windows XP Service Pack 2 Addon Add-GWP110 Wireless LAN PCI Network Adapter

My problem is, I run the wifi connection wizard on pc1, copy the info to a USB Flash, put the USB flash into pc2, get the on screen saying its successfully setup etc, put the usb back into pc1, click next, wizard finishes but then both of them dont connect, both pop up at the bottom left that they are not connected, if I go into search for wifi none can be found on both pc's, and if i try to run the home/office network wizard it wont continue because the wifi isnt connected. The machines are only around 5metres away from each other (just in two seperate rooms).

Has anyone got any idea why there not working? Perhaps a Lan card is faulty? how can i test if there faulty in this case?

Please help,

Kind Regards Scott

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
Pegasus
Loading thread data ...

Are they both set in ad hock mode?If so you need to try the pc's next to each other to eliminate the possibility of house construction blockage.

Reply to
curly Bill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.