Canon MP600R wireless setup problems, any help much appreciated!

Hi,

I bought a Canon MP600R to use with my wireless network at home, but have had no luck in getting it working. I am not that familiar with firewalls etc and wonder if that might be the problem.

I have a 3Com Office Connect ADSL Wireless 11g Firewall router (Model

3CRWDR100A-72)

I have tried configuring the printer to work with my wireless network but with no luck.

I can configure the printer via usb using the setup program provided however once that is done the setup program fails to identify the ip address of the printer on the network, and prompts me to enter the ip address manually, after that it still fails to find the printer.

I do appear to be able to ping the printer at the ip address I specified during the setup

C:\\>ping 192.168.1.8 Pinging 192.168.1.8 with 32 bytes of data: Reply from 192.168.1.8: bytes=32 time=126ms TTL=64

I have tried disconnecting my router from the internet and turning off the router firewall but that didn't work. Would anyone know if the firewall in the router is a firewall against the outside world or does it act as a firewall between computers/printers too?

Also the printer never shows up on my routers DHCP client list which I take to be a bad sign!

Any help would be much much appreciated!

Thanks, Andrew

Reply to
andrew.ford76
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
andrew.ford76

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.