Cannot connect to 3com wireless router

I've had problems with my wireless connection lately. When i start windows it gets stuck in "acquiring network address" and times out and I get limited/no connection and no internet connection. I then have to unplug the usb network adapter and plug it in again. Then everything works.

I saw some posts with this problem that said it was a problem with XP SP2 and that the solution was to don't hide the SSID, turn off the DHCP server in the router and set a static IP for the computer. The problem is that when I disable the DHCP server in the router (3COM

3CRWE52196) I lose contact with it. I've set the ip address (192.168.1.x), the netmask (255.255.255.0, same as in the router), and the gateway address (192.168.1.1), and also the name servers. I then have to reset the router to the default settings to get contact with it again. Oh, and it also shows Speed: 1.0 Mbps instead of 11Mbit in the system tray.

Any solutions? Regards Lars Lind

Reply to
LWL
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.