Can't see SSID

Hello all...

I have a Linksys 4-port / wireless router WRT54G.

I have 2 Gateway laptops. #1 has a docking station hooked to router with ethernet cable - internet runs just fine. The other Gateway laptop (we'll call it #2) is running on the wireless just fine.

The #2 laptop sees the SSID being broadcast. I have changed a few settings in trying to get #1 laptop to see the wireless network so I'll be brief about those changes...I've removed all security of wireless network - no luck on #1, I've had MAC filtering on and off - no luck on #1, WEP settings - no luck on #1, etc.

When all security is off, #2 connects and see my SSID automatically. #1 can't even see it in the view wireless networks screen (and I'm sitting 2 feet from the router with both machines right now).

When I implement different security, like MAC filtering, #2 still connects as I have both machines' MAC addresses configured in the MAC Wireless security settings.

When I implement WPA Personal security and put in my WPA Shared Key on #2, it connects just fine.

I've seen some other threads on the web about these, so I'll mention that Event Services is Started and Wireless Zero Configuration is also Started.

I simply can't figure out why #1 can't even see my SSID being broadcast (problem exists whether the laptop is docked or not). I tried doing a Windows Wireless Repair and all I got was the following message:

"Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed: Connecting to the wireless network.

For assistance, contact the person who manages your network." Problem is that person is me :).

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
kmham
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.