can't get connected if....

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

So if you just leave the router on which you should do and issue the IPconfig /release and renew on the machine everything is OKAY DOKEY with the connection, then I suggest that you just leave the router on 24/7 365 like most people do of companies that use routers and forget about it.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold
Loading thread data ...

Derek Broughton wrote in news:2g9g33-ump.ln1 @news.pointerstop.ca:

And back to your sorry ass.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Jeff, I get better efficiency from the inverter! The only thing it would save is the losses in the wall wart (significant, yes, but really it's a whole lot easier to turn it off when not in use than it would be to get DC power into the room where the router lives).

I've made a few along the way (OK, a lot :-) ).

Not for me. When my wife uses the computer - which is wired to the router - she'll turn on the router, watch for the light to steady, then boot her computer. My wireless laptop runs Linux and it just notices when the AP becomes available and sets everything up.

Right. Works the same on my linux box.

Reply to
Derek Broughton

Reply to
chnghs

Reply to
chnghs

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.