Can't find internet

Using my desk top I get a message that my wireless system connects to the access point but says internet not detected. How do I correct this. I know everything works because I can connect using my lap top....Thanks.

Reply to
David Sharpes
Loading thread data ...

Jeff is going to have to get out his crystal ball again.

There's no such thing as "detecting the internet" so you're going to have be much more specific David.

What sort of network card, what sort of access point, what sort of internet connection, what IP address configuration does the desktop get, a little more on the configuration please?

What *exactly* does the message say?

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

No guessword for a while. My crystal ball picked up an evil daemon. All I get are pop-up spirits and puffs of smog whenever I try to access it with a question. It's also running really slow and refuses to supply any guesses or predictions. I'm working on getting it exorcized, but all my exhortations, incantations, prayers, and sacrificial offerings refuse to install and run. My consulting sorcerer is on vacation, and his apprentice is baffled, so this may take a while. In the meantime, until my crystal ball is back up, I would appreciate it if everyone would kindly supply: What problem are your trying to solve? What do you have to work with (hardware and software)?

Sure there is. Sometimes, I use a Wi-Fi detector which invariably leads to an internet oasis. Sometime, I suspect I can even smell the internet. Most of the time, I just use the status page inside the unspecified router web page setup. If there are real IP addresses shown on the status page, and it says "connected", then I think I've detected the internet.

What program is doing the complaining?

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.